727 to 5.9 magnum

-

70dartboy

Reaction score
Looking into putting a b&m flex plate to Mach them up is that all I would need or does anyone have a better idea

Are you using the stock magnum EFI? If so then you need to use the factory magnum flexplate. Just use a drill and elongate the one bolt hole that doesn't match up. You will also need to cut a notch into the bell housing for the crank sensor. It's VERY easy. I've also used the factory magnum EFI TV cable and bracket to operate a 727.

efi I'm guessing that's the fuelinjection and yes I'm going to keep it. Sorry this is my first build so don't know a lot. Will It matter that the 727 has a 2700 stall. And is there a specific spot on the bell housing I need to notch out?

It'll be very obvious where the notch needs to be. Just mock up the tranny to the motor outside of the vehicle. The magnum crank sensor hangs off the back of the motor and pokes into the bell housing. It uses the "Windows"/holes around the outside of the stock flywheel to read the crank position. I don't see how the stall could hurt anything.

Go to a hardware store and get one of those hole saws used to cut out the hole for the door handle. It has a drill bit in the middle with a hole saw around it. Drill the hole about 1/4" in from the edge of the 727 bellhousing. That will give you a nice clean cutout for the crank position sensor.

If this was difficult to sort out, who's doing the wiring harness for you?

What engine was hooked to the torque converter previously, 360 or ???? If it was not a 360 then the torque converter will need to be externally balanced. If you have any magnum swap questions, feel free to call the shop, we have done tons of magnum swaps. Evan 541-955-363-0363

I can figure out the wiring harness if not I'll find someone and I like doing all myself. The more I learn the better in my opinion I'm 21 with only body work experience. And will do magnum mopar

I built a 408 out of a 360 mag and used a 78 model 727. Got a new flexplate and 2800 stall. Didnt keep the efi rocked it old school carb with an M1 high rise. No issues.

How come nobody ever reads the magnum forum stickies to avoid redundant questions?

-
Back