727 trans question/drive shaft

-

cowest432

Reaction score
have a 360 [not magnum] with 727 now,,question is will that trans bolt up to my 69 340?,,and the drive shaft looks cheaply made,coming out of tail shaft it has u-joints then a large collar then shaft, is there a mopar shaft better? 73 duster is car

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 131
^^^X2 on the balancing. A 69 340 is neutrally internal balanced. A 360 from the factory is externally balanced and can be done 2 different ways. Either it has a weight welded to the front of the torque converter or someone has used a special flex plate with a big notch out of one side to balance it. In either case you'll have to change it to what it takes with the 340 which is a neutral balanced flex plate and a torque converter with no weight welded on the front. Note: all converters have weights welded onto the outer perimeter. Do not confuse these with the weight needed to balance the engine

Never seen a driveshaft with a ring like that. As long as it's straight and in balance I don't see it being a problem. You can have a new one built for about $350-450 if you want

my 73 duster was a 6 before being switched to a 360 ,,8 3/4 rear,, 742 case in rear,, have my 340 block in shop now for 416,, and that shaft just looks punee,,thanks for info,going with scat internal balance kit

my 73 duster was a 6 before being switched to a 360 ,,8 3/4 rear,, 742 case in rear,, have my 340 block in shop now for 416,, and that shaft just looks punee,,thanks for info,going with scat internal balance kit

Most factory shafts were intended for normal street use so their not all that beefy. Dr. Diff has a pretty good deal on a 3" Strange Engineering shaft for $330 plus shipping if you want to upgrade. Here's a link to the page

http://www.doctordiff.com/strange-engineering-driveshaft.html

-
Back