727 trans strange issue

-

furyus2

Reaction score
Car is 1969 Dart. 340, column shift,727. Had the trans rebuilt a couple years ago. Used a TCI valve body. Just got it on the road. Every thing works correctly in the trans. Shift is firm. Shifter adjusted correctly. Have kick Down adjusted so the trans lever is all the way to the rear when the gas pedal is floored. Up shifts great. Down shifts fine. The only thing is it will not kick down when it's floored. I also readjusted the kickdown band. I know it's internal, but not sure exactly where. So, my questions are, since my throttle pressure is fine, will it hurt the trans? What is not done correctly in the trans so I can fix it? Thanks.

Talk to TCI and find out if it's something that they do, or did with the valve body to loose kickdown.
If the main line pressure is too high it will cause this, so they may give you some direction.
The other possibility would be to add a part throttle kickdown kit (If their valve body can accept it)

Very first thing talk to TCI about it.

Sounds like the governer. Or the kickdown circuit in the valve body. You need a FSM. Otherwise probably wont hurt anything.

talk to tci and find out if it's something that they do, or did with the valve body to loose kickdown.
If the main line pressure is too high it will cause this, so they may give you some direction.
The other possibility would be to add a part throttle kickdown kit (if their valve body can accept it)

very first thing talk to tci about it.

x2

-
Back