727 Transmission issue

-

Gator

Mopar or No Car
Reaction score
Ok guys in my 340 I have a 727 tranny with Trans Go Shift Kit along with a B&M Quick Silver Shifter with a Custom JD Convertor 3500 stall and a Transmission cooler and the problem I have is when the tranny is cold it shifts into all gears quick with no hesitation at all and I do shift this manually, then when it warms up with the temp reading around 170 and when shifting from 2nd to drive their is a slight hesitation before it goes into drive and then it goes in strong. 1st to 2nd goes in strong. Then when I really climb into shifting into drive at around 4000rpm's I notice zero hesitation as it shifts into drive strong and even when in drive when pressing the accelerator their is no slippage. Now I have changed the tranny fluid using ATF+4 along with installing a new filter and still hesitates. I was told that it could be a shift module giving me this problem that needs adjusted. What does everyone think the problem could be? Trans has around 22000 miles on it after it was rebuilt with performance clutches and Kevlar bands.
Thanks

Last edited:
Ok guys in my 340 I have a 727 tranny with Trans Go Shift Kit along with a B&M Quick Silver Shifter with a Custom JD Convertor 3500 stall and a Transmission cooler and the problem I have is when the tranny is cold it shifts into all gears quick with no hesitation at all and I do shift this manually, then when it warms up with the temp reading around 170 and when shifting from 2nd to drive their is a slight hesitation before it goes into drive and then it goes in strong. 1st to 2nd goes in strong. Then when I really climb into shifting into drive at around 4000rpm's I notice zero hesitation as it shifts into drive strong and even when in drive when pressing the accelerator their is no slippage. Now I have changed the tranny fluid using ATF+4 along with installing a new filter and still hesitates. I was told that it could be a shift module giving me this problem that needs adjusted. What does everyone think the problem could be? Trans has around 22000 miles on it after it was rebuilt with performance clutches and Kevlar bands.
Thanks

Think a about this.
The fluid is thicker when cold allowing less bleed by.
Sounds like you might have some clearance and/or sealing ring issues.
Very first thing I would check is to make sure no valve body bolts loosened up.

There really is no adjusting the shift into third without affecting a bunch of other things.

Other than that you might put a gauge on it and test its operating pressures.

When u say there is a hesitation to drive do u mean a delay as in not wanting to shift or is it starting to shift and sliding into drive with a little flair up? The front band may need adjustment. How long has it been doing this? Kim

When u say there is a hesitation to drive do u mean a delay as in not wanting to shift or is it starting to shift and sliding into drive with a little flair up? The front band may need adjustment. How long has it been doing this? Kim
I guess you could say starting to shift then slides into gear..
Been doing this for about the last 300 miles.

Think a about this.
The fluid is thicker when cold allowing less bleed by.
Sounds like you might have some clearance and/or sealing ring issues.
Very first thing I would check is to make sure no valve body bolts loosened up.

There really is no adjusting the shift into third without affecting a bunch of other things.

Other than that you might put a gauge on it and test its operating pressures.
Valve body bolts ? So I guess I will have to drain the fluid out to check this... Thanks

-
Back