727 transmission lines...

-

Chryslerkid

Reaction score
I am hooking up my 727 transmission lines and aftermarket kick down linkage. First, does it matter which transmission line links to the radiator fittings? Or is it a single direction system with a specific direction for the cooling of ATF? Secondly, where do mount the kick down linkage to the transmission?

No difference on the cooler lines really, just how they go on the best.

And the TP cable connects to the stem with the arrow pointed at it on a linkage arm not shown in this pic.

Attachments

• Throttle.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 539
If the neutral safety switch Is not plugged into the transmission will the car still start? And are the 904 wires different from the 727?

The NSS is supposed to prevent you from starting the vehicle in anything but park and neutral. If it's disconnected it will not start. Wiring should be the same.

If the neutral safety switch Is not plugged into the transmission will the car still start not if the starter relay is not grounded to the body And are the 904 wires different from the 727 no , they only differ by the year of trans and vehicle?

I believe it was up to 67 that had the single post NSS .68 and later are all 3 post.
if the starter relay is grounded to the car , it will start in any gear

The engine and transmission are both out of the same '89 dodge van. Is that why the switch doesn't fit?

It is a little too small. Unless I hammer it on, I don't believe it will fit....

Not sure what to do now, but at least I know why it is not starting.

Any ideas?

When you say a little too tight, by how much. Is it just too snug or off by 1/4 inch. On my 727 into an original 904 car, it was hard to line up pins and outer part was ovaled a bit. Had to fiddle with it but it finally went on.

The NSS is on the column on both my 68's with 1 wire running to the switch on the trans.

By snug I mean that the wire harness is too small and even if I use all my strngth to try to push it on, it will not budge. It appears to have the 3 prongs just as the switch does, however the switch on the transmission is definitely a little bigger. I dot think it is a huge difference like .25" bigger.

...........the switch was changed alittle in the early 80s with alittle lip sticking out , also the connector was changed also........a mid 70s switch is what u need..........kim.....

...........the switch was changed alittle in the early 80s with alittle lip sticking out , also the connector was changed also........a mid 70s switch is what u need..........kim.....

just read this this morn., front trans line to driver side of rad.,out right side of rad. to top of aux. cooler, out of bottom of cooler to rear tans. line hook up. straight out of the mopar chassis manual !-----------bob

-
Back