727 Won't Shift

-

junior

Reaction score
Need help with no shift on my fresh 727!!! Trans has fresh rebuild, Trans Go kit set for street strip,3500 stall,B&M shifter and Lokar kickdown cable, deep MP pan. I have repetedly checked shifter set up and kick down cable adjustment. fluid level good.have reverse park neutral and drive 1&2. Take off in drive leaves in first and won't shift up stays in first. Try to shift manually stays in first. Anyone have any idea's?

..........The govenor is probably stuck.....if not then u have something wrong in the valve body...........is it a -2 or -3 kit...........................kim..........

kinda sounds like it might be in the 1-2 shift control valve,maybe sticking or improperly installed,did you modify the governor?

kinda sounds like it might be in the 1-2 shift control valve,maybe sticking or improperly installed,did you modify the governor?

Had the tranny built by a local retired tranny guy, he has done quite a few for me over the years and never had a problem, he will fix but I was hoping I wouldn't hve to pull it out again

-
Back