727 yoke id question

-

Fabbr

Reaction score
I have a couple of yokes that were out of 727's, i wa looking at them lastnight and noticed a difference in the depth of where the splines begin, does anyone have a measurement or any insight into this? My transmission is out of a 74 new yorker. How far in does the yoke go into the tranny bottomed out, correct length of outside(seal surface) etc. Ive been throwing money at the dart like mad and need to mock a driveline up and cut it down to the correct length etc, this will be only for driving it to the paint booth and back. Thanks as always for sharing your knowledge.

I have noticed some small differences in yokes but it's usually not a lot. I have 2 laying here and one has 5" of splines and the other has 5-3/8" of splines. In each case they both bottom out at approx. the same depth but since there can be a difference in your yoke compared to mine it's best to slip the yoke you plan on using in the trans. all the way then slide it back out 7/8"~1" then measure how long the driveshaft has to be (center to center of the trans. yoke U-joint centerline to the rearend yoke u-joint centerline) and have it made to that dimension.

1.682 for the GH, length of the factory versions can be anywhere from 5.5 to 9" long.

Best to use one that has less counterbore and bottom it out in the trans and then measure center to center at ride height and depending on use will determine if the driveline shop makes a 1" or 1.5" adjustment

-
Back