-

curtis6592

Reaction score
i have a 727 i got very cheap and the problem with it is it will not shift he said he tried to put a shift kit in it is there something he could have messed up when he did this or am i going to have to have the whole thing rebuilt thanks.

If he was inside it and didn't know what he was doing or have a tranny book like the one by Carl Munroe then you will have to have it looked at as he may have done something wrong elsewhere. You did not say whether you have the tranny in your car or on a bench when you are trying to shift it. Is the lever moving or not? There is just not enough info in your post.

Jack

i had put it in my car and the first trip around the block it was ok then i took it out again and it wouldnt shift and now it is out of the car.I dont know if he had a tranny book or not.

Since it shifted fine first then all of the sudden it didn't it sounds like maybe some debri got worked loose when it was open and found it's way into the governor. If the governor is stuck it will not shift at part throttle.

Chuck

-
Back