2.08 stainless valves
manley titanium retainers
Norris stainless roller rockers
comp springs
Comp .638 roller cam
M1 single plane
Holley 830 Comp carb
Msd 6al and matching dist
Totally Tubular coated headers w/ O2 bungs (ready for EFI)
3" exhaust with Aerochambers
McLeod dual friction clutch
Super Comp shifter w/ pistol grip (pics were this summer,had the auto in it)
8 3/4 with moser axles and your choice of gears
super stock springs and drag shocks front and rear
3/8" fuel line
new upholstry (legendary)
NOS grill ,tail lights,marker lights
Tuff Wheel (some *** stole my horn button at a car show!!)
and on and on and on etc.....

This is a wicked fast car and yet idles around 850 rpms, never overheats
and gets more looks than a naked blonde!! (far more than my '70 charger)
I mix the gas 50/50 with Sunuco 110 or comparable race fuel with no detonation. (premium is 3.50/ gal and Sunuco is 5.25/gal ,so it's not much
difference in cost)

"My lust is your gain" I have a burning need for an 08 KTM 300 xcw and a
'68 barracuda to finish.

13,500.00 I will take a new XCW ktm as partial

208-703-7073 -cell or PM me

73 340 #2.jpg

73 340 dart #2.jpg

73 340 dart #4.jpg

73 340 dart #5.jpg

73 340 dart int.jpg

73 340 dart#1.jpg

73 340 engine.jpg

BTW, Herb McCandless himself walked me thru the build up on the engine
So the credit goes to him for the combo of drivability and performance.

Just curious: What brand/size of tires are you running on your Dart Sport?

BTW: I'm from Boise originally. My 73 Dart Sport 340 roamed around on Main Street back in the late '70s. Ah, fond memories!

Let's see some front end shots!

What kind of douchebag would steal a horn button let alone ANY car part at a carshow? Some kid got caught stealling parts at the Portland, OR swapmeet years ago and they duct taped him to a chair outside the main gate with a sign that read "I got caught stealling parts at the swapmeet."

The tires are BF Goodrich drag radials 265/60 15's and the car would boil them in all 3 gears with the 904 in it.
I just put the 4 sp back in it this summer using the
McLeod dual friction (not cheap!) clutch. Mcleod recommends 500 miles of moderate driving before launching the clutch, so I haven't done any 5000 launches yet.

I will try to find a front end shot. The car is up for the winter, these shots were from the summer.

Was your car an auto or 4sp and what color was it ?
I may know of or even owned it at one time. I also had a
B5 73 340 a/t in the late 80's. I've had this one since 1990.
BTW, as you know rust is pretty much non existant out here. Unlike Minnesota , where I moved from in the early
80's.

yes, those are power brakes. and the mirrors are original
and it is a fold down rear seat. It is also an original power steering car and I still have the pump w/cooler.

Mbaird,

If you moved to Boise in the early 80s, you would not have seen my car (check out the photo in my avatar -- that's it). I left Boise in late '79 and have resided in Phoenix, AZ, ever since.

I've been pretty lucky in terms of rust; my Dart was originally a California car, then it went to Idaho, and finally here to Arizona. Gotta love the arid climate!

Just curious: what is your asking price for your Dart?

That is cool that you still have it. I still have my 70 charger SE from about the same time (1st car ) .

Asking price is 13,500.00 I think that is pretty cheap , but I don't want to hassle with selling it for too long.

Does your Dart have A/C ? If not , how do you stand it in the Arizona heat ?
I find alot of blk on blk cars out here with no A/C . The 68 fastback that I am redoing for my 14 yr old girl was originally blk/blk no A/C. That had to have been deadly on 115 degree days.

Yeah, I've been lucky to hang on to the Dart Sport all these years. I bought it in 1976 (it was my third car, after two different 70 Duster 340s) and drove it to high school in my senior year. The car's all original mechanically -- engine and tranny have never been out of it. I've pretty much babied it for the last 31 years!

Since the Dart originally came out of California, it has A/C. The A/C works fine, but I rarely use it (your blood gets thin living down here in the desert).

Too bad you weren't around Boise in the 70s. We had a tremendous cruising and street racing scene down on Main Street in downtown. Later, in about '79, the cops decided to put the clamps on all the street action. I was up there a couple of years ago and couldn't believe how the downtown had changed! It's pretty much a pedestrian scene there now.

Good luck selling your Dart. It sounds like a good price for all you have invested in it.

Dusterboy15,

If you would take a look at his add, it states it has a Comp .638 roller cam.

It will run easy low 11's and the power brakes work fine, Roller cams produce an amazing amount of vacuum , even one this big. Now I'm not tallking 20"s
but enough for the booster. And your usually braking during decelleration when the vacuum is highest. A guy could put a resevoir on it if he wanted.
Besides I just putt around town (things happen way to fast in this car to be
hammering the throttle in town)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back