73 340 Duster

-

dazedduster

Reaction score
Well Engine Compartment Is Done. Now Picture It With A 383 Instead Of The 360

P3270068.JPG

That's a really nice job you did. Do you really think the swap from a 360 to a 383 is worth the time, money, and effort? I'm not critizing in any way, just asking the question. :) You'll gain 23 cu. in., about 100 lbs on the front end, and need to purchase new mounts, etc. I've thought about this myself for my 67 Dart GT, which I'll be doing after I finish the 66, and I have a 383 / 727 combo sitting just waiting to go in there. But each time I try to justify the BB, I think that I can get the same results from a 360 for cheaper and easier. Decisions, desisions. :)

Job well dun dazedduster!! :wav:
Nice and clean look.

Sid I will have to make the same decision myself between a 360 or 440. :coffee2: :scratch:

Hey Dazedduster, when you're finished I'll bet it'll look something like this. Hey, Sid, if you decide not to go with the 383-727 combo I'll take it off your hands. :) I like the 383 cuss it's kind of like the devil you know.

Terry :burnout:

P9100004 (Custom).JPG

Once you set it up for the big block, the sky's the limit. I presently have a 383 in my duster. As we speak I have a 400 block- 500 stroker going together at Best Machine. Same size package, should be a little (?) stronger. You just can't beat cubic inches.

Guys, I agree with both of you, you can't beat cubic inches - unless you loose weight. :) That's why I'm keeping the 383/727.

Terry, if I ever decide to let it go, you have first dibs on it.

I bought it because it was a 340 car, drove it home pulled the 340 found the ears that the motor mount bolts to on the block were broke off the drivers side, a friend felt bad for me gave me a 383 that ran, i was going to "fresh up" (you know how that goes)
i figure if i dont like it i can always convert back (yea right)

Oh, paint is dupont 2-stage and i took everything out painted and reassembled

With a torch/grinder and welder that can be fixed easily enough. Even if it's missing you can cut one off a junk 360 block.

-
Back