73 340 Restoration

-

Pale340

Pale340
Reaction score
All,
I am getting my 340 ready for the engine dyno, but I am having trouble with some little details. Does anyone have any pictures of a 73 340 back in factory configuration or survivors that they can share? I have most everything, but I know I am missing some small detailed stuff. Things like the fuel pump. Was it painted engine color or not? Pictures of some 73 340s would be a great help and greatly appreciated. Thanks.

73 is it blue with the big orange air cleaner? AFAIK fuel pump is anodized or not engine color.

Dyno does not care what color the fuel pump or distributor is. Remember the point of the dyno is a controlled environment to break in the engine and then make adjustment to get the best running engine you can get. Be prepared to make changes when there. Dyno time is costly. Good luck and let us know numbers.

Man, i wish I had access to a dyno. I just drive it down the street and floor it ,if its fun its a win:)

Dyno does not care what color the fuel pump or distributor is. Remember the point of the dyno is a controlled environment to break in the engine and then make adjustment to get the best running engine you can get. Be prepared to make changes when there. Dyno time is costly. Good luck and let us know numbers.
The goal is to get it painted, dyno it and make adjustments, then bring it home and touch up paint, drop it onto the k-member, hook up the 4 speed, then drop the car on it and bolt it up.

-
Back