'73 / '70 Dart Resto and Race Modification thread.

-
did you spray that in your garage? Looks amazing. How did you keep your garage so clean while spraying in there (overspray)? What about the fumes going in the house from that garage door there?

I emptied the garage and swept, then blew everything out with an airhose. I let everything settle for a couple days before painting. While painting I kept the floor wet to keep the dust down.

I also tacked everything I shot immediately before spraying.

The only real problem was when a moth landed in the clear coat on the final coat:eek: Thankfully it was in a spot that will be covered by the vinyl top.

Temp was in the 70s a fantastic day for wrenching.

I installed the leaf springs, rear axle, front and rear brakes, steering linkage, and a few other odds and ends. I just have to put the torsion bars in and it will be rolling!

Nothing like installing a D-60 by yourself to get the blood flowing

DSC_2431.jpg

DSC_2433.jpg

DSC_2434.jpg

DSC_2436.jpg

Aww ****...

I have had a hell of a time with one of my fender extensions. Painted it, wetsanded and polished it and then I ended up chipping it. I reshot it, was letting it dry for a few days and I knocked it off the freakin' counter this morning:banghead::eek:

This time I have to take it all the way back down to bare metal and go from there. The clear is so thick right now a third set of coats would be really bad. Oh well, could be worse:dunno:

Awe man that stinks. "Some day you'll look back at all this and laugh" - right! Anyway, as you mentioned it could be worse, it could have been on the car and someone else chipped it. Like my Father In-Law did to one of mine about 20 years ago. I had it in his 2 car garage and he was moving a piece of 6' X 12" laminate shelving for some reason he decided to see if it would stand up by itself "for just a second", it did stand up by itself. Only problem was it stood by itself just long enough for him to turn his back. So from then on I was aware of two things - 1) Never store any car in my Father In-Law's garage and 2) The touched up 1/8" X 3/8" chip on the driver's side quarter panel about 4" back from the door handle that greeted me every time I went for a ride that reminded me, "Please don't store me in dad's garage anymore, you should see the silly things he does when no one is looking"

Awesome ride Bro

I should be outside putting my lowly 318 back together and just spent 30 mins or more just reading your thread!

WoW!!! You do excellent work! That paint is awesome!

Thanks! It's getting close and I can't wait to fire this mutha' up!

WOW!!!! Amazing!! Simply amazing! you are way far ahead of me! nice work! Can you PLEASE take a couple pics for me on how you mounted your SCS Cheetah shifter??? I have one and would just like some ideas how to mount it. lol

Sure I'll grab some pics next time I take some photos.

I welded a couple plates to the tranny tunnel, welded a couple round tube uprights in place, welded brackets to the top of the uprights with two holes in each, cut a piece of steel sheet for the shifter to sit on, and that bolts to the brackets on the upright. It's rock solid.

There is no copper line at the M/C. It's stainless and it's probably reflecting another light source making it look copper color.

-
Back