73-76 repro tail light bezels

-
man $375.00!! that aint cheap! i think you could get the old original ones rechromed cheaper than that, could be wrong though....

i heard the a-bodies are gonna be the next e-body, so it doesnt saprise me there expensive as hell

I just ordered about $1500.00 worth of parts from PG classics. I will let you know what the quality of their repo parts are like. All the parts I ordered are for a 71 cuda though. Tallight lense, bezels, side marker lense, bezels and gilled louvers etc. I am surprized the price is so high on the A body parts as I payed $195.00 for the 71 cuda tailight bezels.

Spike I agree with you about the A bodies going up. The E bodies have been dropping but don't see that much drop on A bodies. As a matter of fact don't see hardly any thing for sale for 71 340 Demons. This is good but is costing me a small fortune to find parts for the 71 340 demon I am about to restore. The rallye dash bezels from PG classics for the A bodiesl looks really nice but is $475.00. Maybe cheaper than reconditioning though.

I just ordered about $1500.00 worth of parts from PG classics. I will let you know what the quality of their repo parts are like. All the parts I ordered are for a 71 cuda though. Tallight lense, bezels, side marker lense, bezels and gilled louvers etc. I am surprized the price is so high on the A body parts as I payed $195.00 for the 71 cuda tailight bezels.

Spike I agree with you about the A bodies going up. The E bodies have been dropping but don't see that much drop on A bodies. As a matter of fact don't see hardly any thing for sale for 71 340 Demons. This is good but is costing me a small fortune to find parts for the 71 340 demon I am about to restore. The rallye dash bezels from PG classics for the A bodiesl looks really nice but is $475.00. Maybe cheaper than reconditioning though.

THERE ARE MORE VENDORS REPOPPING E BODY PARTS THE A body,,its all supply and demand,,

I bought a nice restored set off of Ebay 4-5 years ago for less than $100 for the pair.

Prices for parts have gotten real crazy these days.

To Reproduce A Part From Scratch,not Having A Mold, Layson Told Me One Time It Cost 8 Grand For One Mold,,,thats One Side Not Both,,,then The Cost Of Chrome Isnt Cheap These Days,,,so If The 8 Grand Is Correct,,imagine How Many They Have To Sell To Recover Just The Cost Or Reverse Engineering The Mold,taking A Chance That They Wil Sell Enough To Cover All The Costs And Make Some Profit,,

Seems Like A High Price,,and Would Of Been Great If Ma Mopar Kept All There Molds Over The Years To Make Parts For All Of Our Cars,,

I Waited Over 6 Years For A Set Of Repop Tail Lite Housing,,i Realized There Propbably Never Comming So I Had A Set Rechromed, It Was About The Same Price 700.00 As What I Was Quoted For The Repops,that Are Never Comming,,either Way I Was Glad To Have A Nice Part For A 44 Year Old Car

Be careful when dealing with PG Classics. Make sure you have it in writing exactly what you ordered and check your pieces thouroughly right away on arrival. Dont just look at them, compare them to the original and/or test fit if possible.
If they send you the wrong part they will say "thats what you ordered" give you a hard time about returning it and try to get you to pay return shipping on their mistake. :dontknow:
Probably better off going with B,E&A which is the american version but much better customer service and quality from what I've been told.

A bodies are on the rise because they are running out of E body "barn finds" and the Mfg's are finally wiseing up to the sheer number of A bodies people are bringing back to life. F bodies are taking the old A body rung on the Mopar collectability ladder. A rising tide lifts all boats...except Seabodies 8)

A's have their own "special" rust issues too. That tight lower 1/4 that gets packed with trunk junk and rots...invisible spare tire wells...those ever leaking wiper pivots rotting the floors...and the cowl drains that dont drain...need I go on? :-D :-\"

Average is about $375 to $450 on the bigger A-Body bumpers.........everybody's different.........and they always want a core.........naturally, with a core it's cheaper.

My 74 Dart has four taillight bezels. When I began the restoration three years ago, those pot metal bezels had more craters than the moon surface. It took me over a year, but I finally found someone in Detroit willing to sell me three of the four NOS still in the Mopar boxes for $400. I sent him the money and he helped me find the fourth bezel which cost another $160.

The body work and new paint job on my 74 cost over $4,000. There was no way I could put those old pitted bezels back on. I was pretty excited that I found four NOS bezels and even offered Year One to use them to reverse engineer at no charge. (I have a 73 Dart as my next project and it'll need new bezels.) They never got back to me. I guess the demand is not there to tool up for these bezels. In my opinion, $560 for new, shiny, still in the original box only added to the appearance of my rearend. Add to that a rechromed rear bumper, my rear shines.

What would Dart owners be willing to pay for new bezels? Everyone I talked to about restoring the originals could not guarantee the finished product would be acceptable. I went with new and knew what I was getting. Of course, new is almost impossible to find. I was lucky.

Anyone ever thought of milling pot metal peices from billit aluminium with a CNC machine. No pits and you can leave them polished or chromed.

the cost of my tail lites was compatable to buying repops,,,but they are nto coming,,,the chroem shop i used it the best when it comes to pot metal,,warrantied for as long as i own the part,, bumpers are a different story,,the cost to all over the place,,and it dependas if they want a core or redo your bumper,, before sending any thing to a chroe mshop do your home work,,i talked to people for 2 years before i sent my tail lites out,,

ive had my bumper on my 1940 dodge re chromed,, they are ribbon bumpers,, i delivered them to tri city plating ,,the price was good 210 a bumper,,, but i went thru hell,,they shiped them back to me,, they were dented,,from the plater not the shipper,,, i returned them they fixed them,,

but it is just standard chrome,,not hard chrome,,driver quality,,
then i did an exchange for my 66 cuda with bumper bozys,,ive had ZERO problems with these bumpers,, most guy would laugh,,but they give you a nice product for a fair price,,ide use bumper bozy again,,all tho,, ide perfer to see what im getting not have them shipped to me,,

-
Back