Status
Not open for further replies.

bmxican

Mopar Aficionado
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Looks like I can't use my 67 steering linkage since I have a 73 K-member.

Anyone have a 1973 and newer manual steering box complete with a pitman arm for a decent price? Let me know please condition and price with shipping to 92057. Pics a plus. Thanks so much! :)

I have a 67 manual steering box, you're saying I can just swap the pitman arm to a 73 and up? I thought I had discussed this awhile back and it wasn't compatible... I'm confused, LOL. :D

Hmmm... maybe tomorrow I'll pick up a 73 pitman arm and see if it works with my 67 box. Thanks guys for answering my stupid questions... :)

The only thing you need to watch for is some pitman arms go thru the drag link from the top and some the bottom.

Hmmm... maybe tomorrow I'll pick up a 73 pitman arm and see if it works with my 67 box. Thanks guys for answering my stupid questions... :)

Curious to know if you ever found a solution?
I have a pre 73 manual box also with a 73 car, and the output shaft of the 73 powersteering box is larger in diameter than the manual box so the pitman arms will NOT interchange.

72 & under attach to the center link from below. 73-6 attach from above. I think you may have to upgrade boxes for the 73 +

If any one is still interested in this fix I figured it out for my car at least.
I have a 73 Duster w/power steering, I have an older manual steering box to put in it. I ordered a 73 manual steering pitman arm. It is shaped just like the powersteering arm, but has the smaller hole for a manual box. So a 73 manual pitman arm was all I needed to swap a 60's manual gearbox into my 73 Duster. FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back