'73 (and up?) radiator overflow bottle?

-

70Duster440

Reaction score
Anyone have a picture of a '73 (and up?) factory installed radiator overflow bottle on the core support - specific location?

The bottle itself might look something like the one below.

rad_reservoir.jpg

i will get one tommorow if i remember. i believe it just sits in about a inch wide hole one the passenger side of the radiator

The '74 bottles I have had in a Dart Sport and Duster were similar with one exception. They only have one overflow hose connected to a nipple molded into the top of the plastic bottle and on the inboard (radiator) side. The short nub on the bottom of the bottle you can barely see in your picture rests in a hole in the right frame rail. A metal bracket is fastened to the bottle and is used to mount it to the upper edge of the core support, just to the right of the radiator. The overflow hose runs from the bottle's nipple to the overflow outlet on the radiator fill neck. I can get pics later, if necessary.

Jerry

This is the only pic. I have(it,s old one)PO painted the bottle black,I don,t know why.This is in a 73 Dart Sport 340 car,there is a metal strap with 2 little bolts on it that attach to the rad support.Not a very specific pic. but hope it helps ya with location?

My Car 003.jpg

The '74 mounts in the same place as in that pic above, but the strap is not the same. Also, it's overflow is molded into the bottle itself, so there is no second hose.
Obviously, either one will work, however.

Jerry

i am retarted lol. i couldnt find the bracket to mount mine so i put a long bolt in lol. but here are pics

bottle 1.jpg

bottle one.jpg

Here is the one on my '74 Duster. Except someone who owned it before me cut a hole in the center of the cap to feed the hose. I never bothered to find a different one since this still serves it's purpose.

young gun pic 5.jpg

-
Back