73 Dart A/C Questions

-

streetdak

Reaction score
So my car is an origional 318 A/C Car. I do live in south texas and it gets oftley hot out here. I know the compressor still engages when turned on, but im not sure how much free-on is in it.
Does anyone know.

1. How easy is it to get A/C parts for this car? (a/c lines ect)
2. Can it be converted to 134A?
3. Is it worth the trouble to get and keep working?

I know motors, but i don't know crap about A/C stuff, any help would be awesome!

So my car is an origional 318 A/C Car. I do live in south texas and it gets oftley hot out here. I know the compressor still engages when turned on, but im not sure how much free-on is in it.
Does anyone know.

1. How easy is it to get A/C parts for this car? (a/c lines ect)
2. Can it be converted to 134A?
3. Is it worth the trouble to get and keep working?

I know motors, but i don't know crap about A/C stuff, any help would be awesome!
I switched my 74dart to 134a,no problems,if comp runs and is quiet check for leaks,look for any oily spots on lines etc, a sniffer is better if available to check evaporater in dash,lines can be made,other parts may take some hunting.Recover the freon thats in the system vacuum down at least a couple hours,add 4-6 oz pag oil and charge with 134a.Dont use the wal-mart recharge kits they will add too much oil.Mines cooling 30 degrees,well worth the trouble,hope this helps

awesome! It does help a bunch! I have some friends in auto business with a sniffer so maybe they could help me out. Now you didn't have to change any O-Rings at all? Just vaccum down and re oil, and re-charge???

awesome! It does help a bunch! I have some friends in auto business with a sniffer so maybe they could help me out. Now you didn't have to change any O-Rings at all? Just vaccum down and re oil, and re-charge???
If no leaks are found the o rings,seals etc are probably ok.One thing I forgot to mention would be to replace the dryer.There are many arguments on whether to replace seals or not.We dont open the system unless needed.Stay cool

-
Back