73 dart overhaul

-

Lazares81

"Mopar: You're either with us, or behind us!"
Reaction score
hello everyone, i recently acquired a 73 dart swinger as a project car and decided to restore the engine and drive train first now it is time to do the suspension. To be honest i don't know much about suspension work, which is why i am asking for your help. right now i have leaf springs in the rear that are obviously sagging, i cant see any springs in the front just shocks and control arms, then the basic power steering setup from the factory. with Monroe shocks all the way round from the previous owner. I want this suspension to be firm and the steering to tighten up, I'm going with 245 40 18 in the rear and 225 45 18 in the fronts, any suggestions as to shocks springs and other suspension upgrades to match the 360's powerful drive train, it will be mostly driven on the street and needs to be bearable and safe for the highway, but definitely want my performance as well for the cash I'm willing to spend. Thank you in advance for any help and advice and sorry for the long post.

I fully rebuilt the front suspension on my 73 dart. The springs are actually torsion bars. In simple terms its a bar that twists which acts like a spring.
but id recommend getting some swaybars front and rear, The biggest torsion bars you can get and possibly polyurethane bushings if you dont mind a stiff ride. Just putting the biggest sway bars front and rear on my car made it so much better to drive. 100mph was really hairy with no sway bars and a rebuilt suspenion now with sway bars 100mph feels so much safer.

oh also i think for the upper? ball joints your need a special socket to get them off so dont forget to get one of those. Good luck!

-
Back