Status
Not open for further replies.

mario03srt

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
All,

I'm in need of a pair of inner (non latch) tracks for my factory buckets. The plastic and roller just fell apart while installing my new carpet. If you have a good complete set I am also interested instead of splitting up a set if that helps.

Thanks,
Marion

All,

I'm in need of a pair of inner (non latch) tracks for my factory buckets. The plastic and roller just fell apart while installing my new carpet. If you have a good complete set I am also interested instead of splitting up a set if that helps.

Thanks,
Marion
Hello,

I posted in interior forums a couple of days ago that I had a pair of seat bottoms and tracks, but aren't sure what they are for. They were in a '69 Barracuda I bought that was stripped. They weren't mounted, just thrown in the car. They maybe 70-72, not sure how to tell.
Don't know if these would help you or not.
Dan

mystery seats 2-28-19 001.JPG

mystery seats 2-28-19 002.JPG

mystery seats 2-28-19 003.JPG

Hello,

I posted in interior forums a couple of days ago that I had a pair of seat bottoms and tracks, but aren't sure what they are for. They were in a '69 Barracuda I bought that was stripped. They weren't mounted, just thrown in the car. They maybe 70-72, not sure how to tell.
Don't know if these would help you or not.
Dan

View attachment 1715297993

View attachment 1715297994

View attachment 1715297995

Yes see you are trying to identify your seat tracks. Here are a couple photos that I know are 1972 A Body seat tracks as they were the set that went info my buddy's 72 Duster. (70-72s)

Actuall made fiberglass copies of them in case we needed to identify some other sets in the future, or fabricate up new sets off of the dimensions of these. Odd but True . . .

Hope this helps

See what you figure out, could put those seat bottoms in my parts stock but the shipping would probably kill the deal to MN.

72Abody2.jpg

72 Abody1.jpg

If you look at the fiberglass copies of the floor brackets on Post # 5, look at the "C" style floor bracket on the left, this is for A Body . . . and the C brackets have closed over ends, this is the clue.

Your tracks have the open end on one end of the C floor bracket. So just looking over your tracks and the A Body ones I posted. I would say that your tracks are E Body, and or Possibly B Body. They all look some what alike, but will not fit the different floors going from A Body, to B Body to E body.

I have spent lots of time study A Body seat tracks, that's why i made the fiberglass duplicate A Body floor braces so that I could identify them. I almost got screwed out of 300 bucks, a guy was trying to sell me B Body seat tracks calling them A Body. I took a picture of them, waited and identified them as B Body tracks that no way would fit my A Body. Close Call ! Got to be positive before you buy.

Here are the same 70-72 A Body seat tracks I have posted above, all cleaned up, painted and with the proper springs on them. Good Picture for you to use as a reference as you are identifying tracks and their proper floor braces. Yes the A, B, and E track part of them are all different too.

70-72 Abody.jpg

You will know when you have the right ones after looking at these. Earlier 67-69 tracks and bases are different too.

The Rusty seats and tracks above from the original poster look like 70-72 Tracks, but you will have to take a closer look to make sure.

Was just taking a second look at your tracks 340man, that Dimple (Cut Down) under the springs on the 2 "C" Brackets look like E Body to me, We have had these around in the past.

A Body Tracks do not have the dimple/cut down on the "C" brackets.

George,

Thanks for all the great details. I'm going to take some pics. Mine have a 12" spacing between the mounting studs.

Marion

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back