73 dart sport bumper fillers?????

-

kfrese

Reaction score
Hey guys.......body work almost done......my body guys wants to mock up the bumpers for fit. He asked if I had bumper fillers for front and back. Talked to a mopar wrecking yard and they told me bumper fillers didnt come on the dart sport until 1974. Did my year have them or not??

Thanks guys

From my recollection, 73 had them on the back only, but I could be mistaken. I believe that they were used when the collapsible bumper mounts were introduced, rear in 73 and front in 74. My 74 had them front and back.

It had no bumper shock absorbers....They came out in 1974.....73 had Just a piece of metal that went behind the bumper to help brace it....it was contoured to the shape of the bumper

It had no bumper shock absorbers....They came out in 1974.....73 had Just a piece of metal that went behind the bumper to help brace it....it was contoured to the shape of the bumper

I am fairly certain, but could be wrong, that some of the 73 cars had the collapsible shocks on the rear bumper, and it was standard on both front and rear by 74

All '74 Dart Sports & Dusters that I've seen had regular bumpers in the front and the shock absorber brackets in the back. '75 & '76 had the shock absorber style at both ends.

If you are needing one I have a real nice original off a 75 duster, still attached to the grill filler, which is also really nice.
PM me if you need it.

the 73 dart sport I parted had the shock style bumper(rear) with a plastic filler panel, I do not know about the front as those parts were not present when purchased .
I remember well-- the guy whose car this was used for parts broke my socket on those damn shock absorber mounting bolts.
this thread:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=209257

Lawrence

-
Back