73 dart sport , poss u joint wrong!!!!!

-

kt340sport

Reaction score
I was under my car , trying to stop the annoying transmission pan leak for the 6th time , and noticed the front u joint cups are are out passed the yoke about 1/4 inch .They look totally wrong, but anybody else,s like this .The reason i am asking is the car has a slight shake at about 50 to 55 miles per hour .

...yes,check the c clips.
I found my cups coming off because the c clips were not all the way on.

If it has c clips on the inside on the U joint side, it's ok. If it does not, the outside clips have slung off and the U joint caps are backing out.

What rusty said...some u joints do protrude past the yoke but not a quarter inch maybe half that...

Inside locks, but all cups are out 1/4 inch .Going to take the shaft off tomorrow .Did not have camera yesterday , and car is in sister inlaws garage .

I was under my car , trying to stop the annoying transmission pan leak for the 6th time , and noticed the front u joint cups are are out passed the yoke about 1/4 inch .They look totally wrong, but anybody else,s like this .The reason i am asking is the car has a slight shake at about 50 to 55 miles per hour .

There was a thread on here a few days to a week ago about the same issue and that is about how much they were sticking out too.

-
Back