73 Dart Sport Progress

-

lgjhn

"The faster you go, the faster you go..."
Reaction score
I've been hesitant to post the work on the 73 Sport in here, but perhaps by doing so, it will help keep me motivated to make some major progress over the next few months. What started out as a simple engine swap, ended up with a complete painting of the engine compartment, a front end rebuild, a change-out of the to an 8.25" rear end, etc.
Some of these pics over the next couple of posts are older and some newer. She will eventually come out of the shop in Sublime green w/black stripes, an organisol black hood w/orignal snorkel scoop, and a set of Torq-Thrust D gray wheels.

This car is originally a 318 car, but I have a couple of 360 blocks for stroker application to pick from. Here she is originally going into the shop awhile back:
Rollingherintotheshop2.jpg
Rollingherintotheshop3.jpg

The engine compartment being stripped for prime and paint:
NextWorkAreaistheEngineCompartment.jpg

My lovely bride assisting in the dastardly deed of stripping really old, nasty paint...at least she's smiling about it:
BrenStripping1.jpg

Finally stripped, and primed:
PA030002.jpg

..and yours truly applying the paint:
PA090003.jpg

GorgeousGreen.jpg

I've recently put almost all the goodies back on the firewall, including new brake lines. I refurbished the proportional valve (disassembled, cleaned and new o-rings). I plan on putting a line-lock in the brake system. I'm also using P-code master cylinder and the smaller diameter rear wheel cylinders. Once thats done, I'll be installing the K-member and front suspension. Hopefully, some fresh pics before the weekend. I will also post some pics in the general forum on the proportional valve disassembly, cleaning, etc. later in the week for those that might be interested.

Got a little more done this week. Man, its been scorchin' hot here and my shop is not air conditioned...lol...wish it were.
I got the k-member in and lower CRs and started assembly.
IMG_3025.jpg

Dust on the upper CR...need to blow it off.
IMG_3024.jpg

Old versus clean caliper bracket:
IMG_3027.jpg

Firewall coming back together:
IMG_3026.jpg

-
Back