73 Dart Sport Reanimation

-
I was is a similar spot with my current car. My 318 pistons were .090 in the hole, I got lucky and came up in a set of fresh 302 castings. I did very similar bowl work as you.. I forget the number, but I’m somewhere in the mid -highs 8s for compression. Luckily I have some converter and gear, so it’s fun to drive. What cam did you install?
Comp 268H, I bought a 3600 stall convertor.

FIRST PICS SHOWED THEM UNALTERED , SECOND GROUP SHOWED THEM RE WORKED , I tried to delete the post after seeing them reworked .
Guess it didnt work--------???
No sweat Bob, unfortunately I didn't take enough pics. No chamber work, or valve job pics. Before I was done with the heads I was already to do another set, cause I have figured out how to put metal back.

Well next step was rebuilding the 904 transmission. Sorry I didn't take any pictures. I bought a master overhaul kit, a rebuilt front pump and a Transgo stage 2 reprogramming kit. Rebuild was pretty straight forward process with no big surprises. I originally exchanged my convertor for rebuilt slant 6 unit but after porting the heads and bumping compression I ordered a 3600 stall convertor from Summit. If any buddy needs a rebuilt slanty converter hit me up all make you a great deal. After finishing the trans I reinstalled the k member and front suspension. I installed a manual steering box with shaft extender. After installing engine and trans I fought with the headers for the better part of a Sunday afternoon. Im not sure if I like the extender or not but its awfully close to the header and it seems like there is a little run out in it. I know that there has been plenty written about headers on this site but I went the cheap route with Hookers and I am sure they will be beaten flat just going in and out of my driveway in no time.

20190209_132638_001.jpg

20190209_132640.jpg

20190209_132649.jpg

I installed a 1/2" pick up in the gas tank, and ran #8 braided line down the passenger side sub frame connector and a # 6 line for return off the nitrous regulator. I used nutserts in the frame connectors so I could secure the fuel lines and battery cable with rubber lined added clamps. I used a Holley blue fuel pump mounted on the underside inner frame rail. I also installed a large inline fuel filter along the frame connector. On the rear passenger side inner fender I made a aluminium place to mount the regulators and solenoids for nitrous. I used a dedicated regulator for the nitrous and separate one for the carburetor. The NOS brand is a basic cheater kit that picked up at the spring fling at Woodly Park last year. I also picked up a fogger kit from the same guy that I hope to use when I build a stroke motor with some good heads.

20190601_172159.jpg

20190601_172207.jpg

20190528_210617.jpg

20190528_210627.jpg

20190531_205359.jpg

20190414_130213.jpg

-
Back