73 dart sport, What power steering sector shaft do i have ?????

-

yeah

The gang’s all here
Reaction score
hey guys i have a 1973 dodge dart sport. My power steering box had so much slop in it it was scary driving it. I just puchased the firm feel power steering box. But they asked me what sector spine shaft i had , i was not sure. I think its the large one but not sure. Does any body know if its the large or the small one??????

Thanks

hey, thats what i thought. But im not sure. Is there a way to measure which one i have if the ps box is still on my car??

I don't think there's enough room to measure w/o dropping the pitman arm. The shaft should measure 1.250" for 73 + up

Hmm dam, well I hope somebody gives me a answer on here . I feel like it's the large one just like you . But I wanna be sure so I don't get the wrong ps box when I gets here .

Hey guys wake up haha ? There is no way I'm the only one that is doing a ps box on a 73 a body .

Obviously you don't like my answers LOL

Did you try to measure your sector shaft by crawling under your car? Here's a pic I just took measuring a 73 Duster sector shaft from up top with an empty engine bay. Do you have a way to measure or can you borrow a caliper?

Don't make me come over there & measure it for you...haha :razz:

Attachments

• P1100621.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 101
Haha nah your answer was great , I was just seeing if anybody else was gonna chime in . Also **** I would not mind having another Mopar guy to come by the garage. So come by hahah .Just to be sure I figured more guys would answer. I'm gonna measure with the caliper today after I'm back from work. And from my research it seems like you guys are right . I just don't wanna be bummed out when the ps box comes here in three weeks just to ship it back :(.

Ok guys thanks for the answers , and yep you guys were right. I got lucky cause I was able to stick my digital caliper in there and it's 1.250 . So again thanks for the help .

-
Back