Status
Not open for further replies.

airkiller

MOPARS Rule
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I bought this car last year for my son and I to restore. Unfortunately we have desided to go a different way. The car has had well over $5000 invested and is in need of some body work and paint. We have been wrenching on this car for a long time and here is a list of stuff that has been done.

1) The interior has been completely redone with exception to the rear seat. The raer seat cover is still in good shape but doesn't mach the rest of the interior. The previous owner painted much of the interior parts and they were not in very good shape. We have replaced the PLastic Door Panel tops, ARm rests and have recovered the door panels with textured vinyl. The doors were alreadt cur for speakers, so we had to keep them, but the entire sond system is new and very good. We completely re did the dash and replaced all of the plastic wood parts.

2) The entire electrical system was gone through and checked out. It is now 100%, everything works. The previoud owner had an alarm system istalled that had power door locks and was not installed properly and was draining the battery.

3) The carpet was replaced with a brand new pre formed set. The head liner, package tray and sail panels were all replaced with new. The car was equipped with a powered sun roof, but that was trashed years ago. The roof was welded shut, plugged and bondoed over. The body work job is acceptable and still needs a little fine tuning, but it is soild and will not be a problem. We had thaought of replacing the roof skin, but that was a bit more work than we had planned.

4) The front end suspension was gone through and both torsion bars and lower control arms were replaced. The torsion bars were totally worn out and were rplaced with a good used set from my Duster. The shocks were replaced as well. The lower control arms are new and with new bushings and ball joints. The front brakes have been repolaced as well. The Power Brake booster is new also.

5) The car is equipped with a 904 Auto Trans and that was rebuilt with JW Performance 904 Trans rebuild Kit purchased from Cambell Enterprises. It shifts great and with moderate pedal acceleration will chirp the rear tires. The trans kit included 100% of the steels and friction parts as well as the performance bands. We also installed a 2800 rpm Stall Converter from TCI.

6) The 318 engine was completely rebuilt and upgraded with a Eldelbrock 1403 4 Barrel carb ans Mopar Performnce Intake. The engine master kitpurchased from my local Car Quest Auto parts store. They have a full machine shop and provide machine services for all of the Car Quest Stores. The kit Clevite Bearings, Perfect Circle Rings, Melling Oil Pump, Melling Torquer Cam and lifters. The block was completely machined with the Cyclinders being bored .030. The crank was replaced with a remaned 20/10 unit. The engine runs very strong for a 318 nad is still unider 500 miles. We have run it very lightly and have not asked it to run over 55 mph as of yet. Acceleration is very good.

7) I have a replacment 7.25 rear end that also goes with the car as thie one that is currently installed howls a little and a replacment drive line as well. I do not think there is any real problem with them but they came out of my Duster when I upgraded to the 8.75 and were working fine.

All said this car is in factastic mechanical shape and very close to being completed. We have invested more than what we are asking so you are getting a very good deal at $7000. If you are interested please PM me and we can talk privately. Not sure if I can give out a phone number so I won't, but if you want to talk, let me know and I will be glad to call you.

Pictures to follow.

Attachments

• dart005.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 184
  • dart020.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 196
  • dart024.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 179
  • dart028.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 201
  • dart6a.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 210
  • dart5a.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 185
  • dart4a.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 192
  • dart3a.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 190
  • dart2a.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 180
  • dart1a.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 183
Here are a few more pics of the engine compartment.

Attachments

• dart7a.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 184
  • dart8a.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 181
  • dart9a.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 198
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back