73 dart swinger windows

-

ram45red

Reaction score
my son drives a 73 dart 2dr swinger daily to tech school he is starting to have left rear side window trouble acts like it almost comes out of track when you let it down has to guide glass back up while turning crank does anyone have a diagram showing these pieces and part numbers for bushings good or bad i would like to replace all bushings and adjust each window one at a time starting with left back side window asap thank you sandy

Mine are the same way I'll be watching this thread to see the responses you get . My car is just a weekend cruiser So I have not been able to get around to repairing the window regulators. Mine definetly have one of the guides no longer riding in the tracks interested to see if anyone here has had any luck repairing this. Here's a bump for your thread.

I was going to remove the back drivers side window out of my 71 to put it in my 70 2door dart, but I stopped after getting in there as I am not sure how to get any farther than removing one bolt in the bottom front of the glass. I am not sure how to get to the back and didnt want to go any farther with out a how to remove these damn things, there is a crazy rail and rolling system that I didnt want to F-up, do I just undo all the bolts and let it drop to get the glass loose?

I was going to remove the back drivers side window out of my 71 to put it in my 70 2door dart, but I stopped after getting in there as I am not sure how to get any farther than removing one bolt in the bottom front of the glass. I am not sure how to get to the back and didnt want to go any farther with out a how to remove these damn things, there is a crazy rail and rolling system that I didnt want to F-up, do I just undo all the bolts and let it drop to get the glass loose?

Removing the window itself is fairly easy.When I parted out a Dart a few years back I just undid the two nuts or bolts at the bottom and pulled the window up and out of the channel.The regulator assembly will stay wherever it's positioned.

I could not get the back bolt in a position where i could get to it no matter how I rolled it up and down, do I need to just undo the bolts that hold the rail system in place and let it come down so I can get a wrench through one of the holes in the body panel to try to get to it?

Wish I had an answer for you . I demo'd that car maybe three rears ago but I don't remember having any trouble getting at the bolts. Maybe I used a swivel .

Get a factory service manual and that will show all the pieces you want, or get on line and purchase a parts book on CD showing both the part number and assembly. Now that being said the factory P/N's are long gone, however get ahold of R/T specialties or Bill at A+M Hightech Automotive either will be able to fix you up with the right parts.

How do you get the spring washers off the studs that hold '70 rear glass to the regulator? Wish it was threaded studs and nuts. The factory manual just says to remove them. I can't even see them because they face towards the body panel.

-
Back