73 dart wheel size?

-

MI_Mopar

Reaction score
73 dart swinger, i know previous yrs were smaller bolt pattern but i dont know what bolt pattern will fit it. thanks.

I think you will find that if it is a 6 cyl it will be 4" bolt circle and if V8 it will be 4 1/2" bolt circle. I have a 74 parted out and it is a 6 cyl and has 4" circle. I thought after 72 the bolt pattern went to 4 1/2", but some one told me the reason my 74 was small bolt pattern was because it was a 6 cyl.

If your car has front drum brakes it will be 4" pattern, if it has disk brakes it is 4.5"

just curious
what would the offset or backspacing be on the 5x4.5" wheels?

thanks

Robzilla is right. A Bodies made starting with the 1973 model year, with disc brakes got the large bolt pattern. Drum brakes got the small bolt pattern during the whole run.

Learned this lesson the hard way. Many believe that they switched to LPB across the board in 1973. I bought a set of LBP rallye wheels, had them sandblasted, painted them, and spent $400+ on new tires, and when I tried to put them on my 73 Scamp, they didn't fit!

My 74 has the SBP all around, with discs in the front and a 318, all stock

just curious
what would the offset or backspacing be on the 5x4.5" wheels?

thanks

Magnum 500s were 4½", Rallye & Cop car were 4¼" backspace. Sorry, don't have backspace specs on the poverty wheel. I'd expect 4¼ inches.

in 1972 front disc with 4" bolt pattern were an option , there for as long as it has a drum up front and an abody car then it has 4" bolt pattern but it is possible for it too have a 4" pattern with disc ....... 1972 dodge dart custom 4 door with factory discs , if any body wants to buy a set autozone sells all the parts to convert if you also purchase the backing plates and spindles very cheap convertion

-
Back