73+ Disc on 65

-

kegcuda65

Reaction score
Hi to All
I am new to the site I have looked over a lot of threads and found a lot of answers I have been looking for, but I need to know how swapping 73+ Abody disc into a 65cuda affect offsets for rims and alingment of wheels?

Thanks

I don't know what size rims you have but disc brakes require 14" wheels or larger. Swapping to discs will not affect alignment geometry. My brother and I swapped his '71 Dart to discs with no problems. I even aligned it my self with original specs.

Thanks for the info I am looking at 15" rims I just was worried about needing different rims for the front and the back.

Hi to All
I am new to the site I have looked over a lot of threads and found a lot of answers I have been looking for, but I need to know how swapping 73+ Abody disc into a 65cuda affect offsets for rims and alingment of wheels?

Thanks

Offset should not be an issue unless you have real skinny rims in front, like 4" wide or less. Even then would likely be OK.

Alignment should be the same procedure as with any suspension system - ride height, caster, camber then toe. Geometry is not affected with this swap.

I did this on a '65 Valiant using all '73-up factory-style parts. I used 15x5 rims in front with no offset issues. Alignment was per the FSM. Hope that helps.

-
Back