73+ disc swap balljoint.

-

1994redram

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've bought the last bit of parts for my disc conversion/ supsension refresh on my 70 dart. I bought new lower balljoints for a 75 dart along with everything else because the disc spindles came from a 75. But I went to mock everything up this evening and the lower balljoints I got won't fit. The bolt holes are too small on both balljoints. And the knuckles are different lengths! I assume they are both supposed to be the same length from left to right or else steering would be wacky. Oreillys is closed now for the holidays so I can't return them just yet.

But just to be clear. I do need lower balljoints from the donor car, not for a 70 dart. Correct? And why wouldn't the bolts fit through the balljoints? I'm not sure what vehicle the balljoints are for.

Did you get the longer bolts and lock nuts. Did you get the joints for a disc car?

Yes, get parts for the donor car. The lower BJ's are the same 73-76 wether disc or drum so you must have gotten the wrong ones. Most seem to have the numbers 781(R) and 783 (L) in the part number. And yes, they should be mirror images of each other.

I do have the correct fine thread bolts and lock nuts from the 75 donor car. But like I said they wouldn't fit either balljoint. And they aren't mirror images of each other. I knew they had to be. Soooo I'll have to go back and swap them out. Looks like I got the wrong dust seals too!

-
Back