73 dodge charger 383 stroker $5000

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
ya 5000 for that car thats way to nice for 5k maybe 8000 or 10k

lmao prob that how u know its a scam and usally if it sounds to good to be true it usally is

I wouldn't think he would put his # if he was pulling a scam? Don't know!

There might be more to the car from that far away ,it might be a rust bucket like someone else we know looked at? There are some desperate people who need cash now!

A lot of the scammers WILL put a phone number, but the number never answers. So the caller gets frustrated, and sends an email, thru the CL email system, then you get the crooks email addy(usually a hotmail, gmail, or yahoo account). They ALWAYS have a sob story, kid in hospital, in the military and headed overseas, was their brothers who just got killed in the military/cancer death/motorcycle accident/any other bad method of death. They are always too busy with the supposed kid/getting ready to deploy, etc to meet you with the car, so they insist you buy it sight unseen. They offer to go thru Yahoo finance, or Ebay, so you "have a safe and verified transaction" In reality, they send you to a spoofed site, and give you instructions to wire them the money and they will ship you the car. If dumb enough, you wire the money to the person listed(always a different name than the person selling) and the money gets picked up, and you are out your hard earned cash.

We see these things in the local paper, easy to spot, and also have seen them on Ebay. Once someone was selling a 70 Cuda, so clean you could eat off of it, any surface of the car, for $4000 and said if you bid without contacting them first, they would delete your bids. I played along, said car was in England, and they would Fed-Ex it to me and I would have it in 2 days(BS alert popped up). Got all of the info I could, turned it in to Ebay security, ad got pulled almost immediately.

Ya gots to be careful with these scam motherf@*^%$s out there.

FF

I agree that it is probably a scam, but times are tough and there are a lot of people in a jam right now. $5000 can make a few mortgage payments for some people and be the difference between homeless and not!

I called him. He is a real person, but not very knowledgeable about the car. Kinda fishy .... he is sending me more pictures now ... :clock:

Its a really small picture and there is only one.....could be a bondo bucket with a Macco paint job and some wheels. You dont even see a picture of the interior or anything else for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back