73 dodge dart sport help

-

ducter

Reaction score
Hey guys, found this site after some searching. What a wealth of information.

I need some help on a recently acquired Dodge Dart Sport. I figured i would start with the wiring as its in need of help and will go a long way in troubleshooting later, if need be. I did get the car to turn over and actually run to verify that the motor at least works.

I dont really know where to get started. I have replaced engines, transmissions and general parts swapping when replacing. I consider myself fairly mechanically inclined but no mechanic by a long shot. I am not too excited having to deal with wiring as I have no real experience with it..

With that said, the car has a 73 400, battery relocated to the trunk as well as a fuel cell and nitrous in the trunk. MSD ignition and coil, found external in line electric fuel pump along the frame rail with lines running to..not sure what it is exactly then a tee with a pressure gauge hooked up that reads 7 psi.

Main thing I am trying to do is figure out how to either re-wire or figure out how to salvage whats already in place. Wires are running every where, spliced , some go no where with just dead ends..others are labeled like open or closed, the tape they used to label it was masking tape wrote on with a pencil over 10 years ago so yeah, you guessed most of it cant even be read it anymore.

Heater motor wires are cut, missing. Horns wired to a push button under dash except with telephone wiring. Found a fuse block, but I dont think its stock...it was/is hanging near the drivers kick panel..with a non factory motor, coil, nos, ignition fuel pump and so on I dont think I could even buy a stock wiring harness as it wont really work with what I have. Any help is greatly appreciated. Seriously.

IMG_20120811_124052.jpg

IMG_20120811_124127.jpg

IMG_20120811_124244.jpg

IMG_20120811_124158.jpg

IMG_20120811_124348.jpg

-
Back