73 dodge dart sport

-

Chuckdee1960

Reaction score
Purchased a set of headers from jegs. I had my local shop install them and they had to heat and bend both sides to fit. Ok on drierside header hangs like 4 in from ground and pass side is up almost where previous set hung but close to torsion bars. Hooker headers were brand n were bout 239 somein. Called jegs tech he said i shouldnt have had to bend them at all? Has anyone had any experience like this? Thx for your time

Yeah, you should not have had to bend them at all. Occasionally with the less expensive headers, you might have to make a ding or two on the driver side to clear the steering box, but that's about it.

I have a set on a 74 Dart Sport and have about 7 inches of clearance on the driver side.

It sounds like the shop didn't do you any favors.

i purchased them from Jegs and had my local shop install them while they were doing my alignment.he called me and told me they were going to have to bend them.i had hooker headers on it fitted differently though. i,m currently talking with jegs bout possible wrong product in box, but they do bolt to small block mopar but maybe a truck application,ty

-
Back