'73 Duster Bucket seat covers, any problems?

-

Lonewolf3165

Living the Dream!
Reaction score
Hello fellow A-body people.

I just picked up a set of High Back Bucket seats from a '73 Duster(according to the p.o.) for my '67 Dart GT project & I was just wondering if any body out there has recovered their seats w/ the aftermarket seat covers like Legendary & Y.O. sell & had any problems w/ the way they fit? I've seen a few pics of recovered seat where the material seems to fit rather sloppy & looks like ti may be too big for the seat foam etc.
I'd just like to hear what you guys have seen or heard when recovering the high back seats.

I included a pic of a set in a car to show what I mean. (Not my car, I saw it on ebay).

Thanks.

Attachments

• 2010_10261970Cougar0028.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 243
I used Legendary for the front seats of the Duster. Great quality fit good.
I only have one pucker up by the headrest. Both on the left side. Can't
find a better pic. Right up near top. Can't see it cause of the window frame.
They are gitting better. Maybe from who ever sewed them up.
I would use them again.

Attachments

• 100_2283.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 233
I had this problem with the same covers from Legendary as in the picture at the top. I had to build my foam up with some thin pieces in spots and used a steamer and they came out pretty good.

Those covers were not installed properly. As you can see, There is not the
concave look to the front of the seat back. Who ever put those on did not
hook the front two runners to the seat foam teathers. The two long rope
like wires in the foam. Wish I could find my other pics of mine to show the
differance.

I got these covers from Legendary. If you hog ring the top rod and get the 2 side rods in right they work good. the ones you posted did not put the rods back in

Attachments

• inter 005.1 (2).jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 155
  • inter 016.1 (2).jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 151
I too used Legendary, and I can tell you if the seat foam is old and needs to be built up you need to do it.. I kinda test fitted mine and I had to add a layer of 1/2 foam to the entire seat.. As the others have said above you need to maks sure you hog ring the top near the headrest area. It goes down into the frame and pulss the material into it to give it the pleated look. I dont have the bottom portion completed yet I need to weld some springs and redo the canvas and foam on it.. If you look at the first picture this is what I started with. I purchased it from a member here on FABO. The second one is what the tops and arm rest look like at present.

Attachments

• 13g1 73+ A-body front bench seat warm rest - originally taken from a 1974 Dodge Dart needs insi.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 13h1 73+ A-body front bench seat warm rest - originally taken from a 1974 Dodge Dart needs insi.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 128
-
Back