73 Duster bucket seat location

-

gliderider06

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I am trying to set the holes in my new floorpan for bucket seats. it has no holes in it and im having concerns. The underside brace has 2 holes. I always thought that the ridge in the floor, near the door sill, is the std location for the left rail. At that location, my seat adjustor will hit the door.
I'M not exactly sure that I even have the correct seat rails. Do the bucket seats get mounted in a different location than the bench seats? Any location guidance and or pictures would be appreciated.
Thanks Paul

it the same as my 69 Dart ,you see the 4 dimples there there, just drill the 4 holes set in the bucket done.The factory did it for bucket,.

100_1358.JPG

Here is a better pic for you with the reinforcement plates welded in.

View attachment 1714997168
in the process of doing this now. new floors don't have dimples. start with the 2 inside holes. should have a plate with a hole in center. drill through and attach your brackets to both side of seats set it in car, make sure the seat is all squared up, side to side, centered on steering wheel, mark holes, look underneath (drivers side) that the brake line is out of the way, drill holes and bolt them in.

in the process of doing this now. new floors don't have dimples. start with the 2 inside holes. should have a plate with a hole in center. drill through and attach your brackets to both side of seats set it in car, make sure the seat is all squared up, side to side, centered on steering wheel, mark holes, look underneath (drivers side) that the brake line is out of the way, drill holes and bolt them in.
Too bad the aftermarket one dont come with the dimples.

Thank you! Yeah, my floor does not have the dimples or the plates welded on them. They came seperatly. I will go off the inner holes of the braces, under the car.
Thanks!

-
Back