'73 Duster help

-

DusterOff

1973 Plymouth Duster
Reaction score
I just bought a Duster and I've got no idea where to start. It was completely disassembled by the PO and that's how I got it. It's a base model 225 /6 automatic. Any info would be appreciated. What would be the ideal motor/tranny setup? It had factory ac I believe but some of the aluminum lines were cut off so I'm not sure if I want to put it back in. All the body work has been done and is perfect. I haven't found the fender tag but it could be in one of the boxes I got with the car.

Um those are loaded questions. No idea what you are looking for. Street rod, pro touring, pro street, stock.... What are your tastes and how do you view your duster being? We on a budget here or blank check?

I don't see how they are loaded. Just looking for some general info. Anyways, I just want a nice cruiser on a budget.

What is your plan for the car? Do you envision a race car, original restored car....?

I don't see how they are loaded. Just looking for some general info. Anyways, I just want a nice cruiser on a budget.

360 out of the boneyard or running car. Couple it with a 904 with a shift kit either 8 1/4 or 8 3/4 rear. Loaded questions ment there were a million and one ways to go without any info on what you wanted.

Pictures would help. What are your plans for the car? Daily driver? Weekend cruiser? Drag race? Road race/autocross? How you intend to use the car will make a big difference in how you build it.

Also, make sure you put a lot of extra money in your budget for missing parts. Buying a completely disassembled car means you're going to be missing some things.

You'll definitely want a factory service manual if you don't have one. You can download one here.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=244981&highlight=download+manual

Welcome to FABO! :thumbup:

Haha I know I'm asking for the help but read my posts 72bluNblu, I'm looking to make it a cruiser. Yea I've come to terms with the extra money for missing parts. I was looking into a 440.

And we are looking for some general info.
You said it has a /6,but never told us if you wanted to go to a V8.
Small block,Big Bock ?
What motor are you looking to start with ?
As mentioned..360,904,8.75" is a great way to go.

Edit: looking into a 440.
I would go small block,for a cruiser. It will be easier to put together,and all around a better package in an A body.

Also, make sure you put a lot of extra money in your budget for missing parts. Buying a completely disassembled car means you're going to be missing some things.

This will the best thing to start with...a budget. An honest/realistic $ figure. Then you can plan the build.

360 crate with holley carb/728 with o/d (od on all gear) /8 3/4, buckets, floor shifter, console,17 /18 inch rims, springs moved inward, spankin' paint job, better gauge cluster, ps/pb, disc all around, flip top gas cap, duel snorkel air scoop, great audio, tti headers and exhaust system., fender turn signals, electric trunk opener, aircon, get rid of the fake wood....

want me to go on ? I have more :)

360 crate with holley carb/728 with o/d (od on all gear) /8 3/4, buckets, floor shifter, console,17 /18 inch rims, springs moved inward, spankin' paint job, better gauge cluster, ps/pb, disc all around, flip top gas cap, duel snorkel air scoop, great audio, tti headers and exhaust system., fender turn signals, electric trunk opener, aircon, get rid of the fake wood....

want me to go on ? I have more :)

That's what I like to hear.

-
Back