73 duster hood scoops

-

madmick

Reaction score
hi how different style of hood scoops were available for the 73,standard or aftermarket,i,ve seen the twin scoops in the centre of the hood which seem to be most common, is there any more available, pics, welcome

The scoop you speak of was the "dual snorkel" from 1972, and was a stock item on the Dodge Demon. They found their way onto a lot of A-Body's including the Dusters.........the other most poplular style scoops for the A's were the Duster twin scoops on the 340 models.....2 scoops, one on each side of the hood.........In 69 only, there was a special set of twin scoops on the first ever "Cuda" with a 440 under the hood....they were like the 340 twin scoops, but much shorter and mounted back toward the windshield.

Of course, the popular "Hemi Scoop" has been used on lots of A's as well...........when properly molded in, they look pretty good.

I think the dual snorkel looks best......but I'm a bit biased......... :burnout:

hi thanks for that think ill be going for a hemi scoop,probably try and get one made already moulded into a glass hood:thumblef:

Just as a note, the 69 cuda scoops also came on 73 or 74 (not sure which) duster twisters. I found a part number and a picture in my original mopar parts book. Plus someone has posted some pics of a car with them on one of the mopar boards.

Here's the twin scoop. My favorite. Works well with the lines
on the hood. It's a 73 also.

000_0094 (2).jpg

Briankaplan-did you have to trim the sccop to get it to bolt down to the duster hood?

nice lookin duster brian,might be tempted to go with twin scoops,did you make that front spoiler yourself or is it aftermarket

The scoop laid down pretty good, just light triming. If you
get one, get it from a good supplier. AAR fiberglass in Fl.
makes quality stuff. Got mine from ShowCars in Canada. Was not
impressed with the finish.
The front spoiler is an old D.C. unit. I stuffed it up under
the bumper. It hung down to low on the bottom of the bumper.
Good luck.

-
Back