73 Duster petty blue

-
Hell no

By shell do you mean just body? No interior no motor? Need more info on what's there. A running driving complete rust free 73 duster would be worth 3-4k depending on motor and condition over all

It's Petty Blue not Gold what happen to the rest of the car and if it is such a rare car why did they take it a part to start with.

The original owner sold it years ago and then found it again a few years ago but it was completely stripped. It is a roller, meaning no interior, no engine and trans. The body of it is in great shape. I am trying to decide what to do with it,cause I have a running and driving 75 dart (318 auto car), that I am thinking of dropping in the duster. Then the duster will need paint and interior. I do bodywork and paint, so that is not a big deal. I guess my question is, is the car going to be worth doing, or should I just part both out and call it a day? I have $1500 into the pair of a-bodies, and the only way I will swap the parts and spend the time to paint the car and replace the interior, is if I can get around $7500 for the duster when it is done. Whatcha think?

I don't think petty blue has much to do with the value. A 73 roller might be worth $1,000-$1,500. With a 318 and driving, maybe $4,500 if you do a nice job. I have a petty blue 73 duster complete car that i'll sell for $1,000. JMO

Unless you have the numbers matching goodies I dont see it being worth a whole lot more. DO you have build sheet and fender tag? Without documentation it could have been anything.

your best bet is make the duster a driver -- sell it as a runner & part the dart out. If you paint the duster getting $7500 is not unheard of but not for a swapped 318 car. plus the amount of time to paint.

it is also really hard to judge the duster with no pics--
search this site --& see what cars are selling for not asked price.
Duster will sell much quicker than that dart.

Lawrence

Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the duster. I thought the petty blue was amore rare color? Well this is real disappointing to hear. It just doesn't make sense to restore old cars anymore. They cost more to build then to buy one done. I probably should just scrap the cars and the ideas and only take a $1500 loss. Thanks for the input.

..........U could always just sell the cars, heck if the duster was up here in Canada u would easilt get 3-4 grand for it, if its totally rust free, running and driving needing paint prolly 6Gs...........kim.....

I've been looking at 73-74 Dusters and closely watching the market down here for almost a year.

These have been the best prospects and their history.

74 B1/B5 California low mile car running driving Space Duster with built 318, air gap, fender well headers, no rust, but several dents. Seller wants 4500. On CL for six months. Been on ebay twice, I was only bidder for $2500 fist time, and high bidder at $2550 second time.

73 running, driving green with green/new black buckets, built 318 claims rust free body, needs paint. Been on CL for 5 months, started at $ 3800, then $3500, now $2500.

73 F1 pale green roller shell nearly rust free Space Duster 318 car no engine, no int except rear seat 8 1/4 SG frame connectors, has metal cut from floor and cowl, but metal is still present. $900.

70 factory black with blue int six cyl 3 speed on floor, not running but other wise fairly nice. Sold on EB for $4500 after 8 months on CL at 4K OBO.

Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the duster. I thought the petty blue was amore rare color? Well this is real disappointing to hear. It just doesn't make sense to restore old cars anymore. They cost more to build then to buy one done. I probably should just scrap the cars and the ideas and only take a $1500 loss. Thanks for the input.

You dont build em for profit. If that was the case id be a rich man. You do it for the enjoyment of bringing something back that someone left to rot, and to have something not everyone else has.

I am learning that the FABO market on these cars is a lot different from what I have done. Last year I built a 71 duster that was an original /6 auto car. I put a 318 in it, painted it white, restored the interior in black (bench seat), and matte black stripe kit. Car ran and drove great. it looked great. I sold it for $10k at a car show up in wisconsin. I understand that a 73 is not worth as much, but I think I can get at least $7500 for a nice driver car. You can't build a nice car for less than that.

When I moved to FL from OH in 88...68-72 novas were HUGE in OH...almost 10K, even then for a really nice one.

...and could be had in FL for $600- $800 fairly clean.

If only.....

You dont build em for profit. If that was the case id be a rich man. You do it for the enjoyment of bringing something back that someone left to rot, and to have something not everyone else has.
yep:cheers:

Just another case of "if it ain't got a hemi in it, it ain't worth crap." Too many of those people out there. How about " it's a nice car and worth the asking price, just because it is a nice car?"

-
Back