73' Duster Sub Frame Connectors....

-

Eric_S68

Reaction score
I spent today installing sub frame connectors on my 73' Duster. I have the bolt in ones from Chassis Engineering. I just wanted to say what a pain in the #@!&^!!@#@ Job even with the car being a Shell. The brand new 1/2 cobalt drill bit would constantly get hung up when drilling after 95% the way thru and would just spin in the chuck. I tried 3 drills and eventually got it but, what a pain in the butt. I'll weld em too once their bolted properly in place. m+

Opps got cut off .. any way thanks for listening, I hadda vent was getting frustrated today but got it 80% done 3 more holes to the frt crosssmember. :butthead:

Gee! I found it to be a very easy job. I cut off the bolt on brackets on the rear and cut open the ends of the rear sub frame slipped the tubing in held it in place with a floor jack and welded them in place.

They certainly got rid of most of the creaks and rattles in my car and makes it much more solid feeling on rough roads.

I'll never use bolt in connectors again. Im foing to cut mine out and make nicer ones out of 2X3 steel that I can tie in to the rockers and roll bar.

-
Back