73 Duster with dart tailights???

-
huh i dont know. If it is that sure would be a cool car to own it sure looks factory all the stripes and stuff look pretty clean not like someone just threw them on. Id sure like to hear if someone knows if its real or not. I like it. Justin

Its a dart with a duster front clip. My guess would be it was the front end was hit or damaged pretty good, so they replaced it with one from a duster, and then repainted it. There is body-color paint on the heater and wiper motors, so the car was repainted at some point I would think.

Its a dart with a duster front clip. My guess would be it was the front end was hit or damaged pretty good, so they replaced it with one from a duster, and then repainted it. There is body-color paint on the heater and wiper motors, so the car was repainted at some point I would think.

i agree something may be weird i think someone may have re tagged the car cause it does have a duster vin number VL29G i thought (correct me if im wrong) dusters started with a V and the demon/dart sports started with L being from the dart lines. If im right that car is a duster technically i know someone could have just thrown a dash from a duster in a dart sport and thrown the front clip on it as well. My last question did the dart sports come with the gator grain top like this car i always thought that was a gold duster option again correct me if im wrong Justin

correct me if im wrong but looking at the wheel outer "lips" the plymouth ones bulge out, like my duster, and dodge ones kind of dip in, like on my cousins dart.....look at the rear wheel openings, it looks like plymouth. I dont know anyone that would put on duster quarters on a dart sport just to have the bulge out wheel opening lips. just a thought. Chrysler has been known to do strange stuff before......

correct me if im wrong but looking at the wheel outer "lips" the plymouth ones bulge out, like my duster, and dodge ones kind of dip in, like on my cousins dart.....look at the rear wheel openings, it looks like plymouth. I dont know anyone that would put on duster quarters on a dart sport just to have the bulge out wheel opening lips. just a thought. Chrysler has been known to do strange stuff before......

i dont think that was true on the dusters/demons/dart sports i think they all share the same rear wheel lips/openings that is why the demons look weird in the wheel openings because of the rush to get the demon out and selling they just put the dart front sheetmetal on the duster rear and changed the taillight panel so the demons have the dart wheel opening on the fenders and the duster style rear wheel openings look at a demon from the side view and then a duster and you will see what i am talking about if you haven't seen on for yourself yet. Justin

Dart Sports and Demons share the same Quarters as the Duster(same wheel lip) That is a Dart Sport with a Duster front end. I saw a guy running the Woodburn drags last season with a 73-6 Dart sport with a Demon Front clip on it(looked just like a demon with dart sport tail lights. Chrysler is weird but not that weird.:-D

Chrysler did some weird things but not in '73. Have to agree that this is a Dart Sport with a Duster front clip. Weirdest one I ever saw was a '76 Dart Sport. The driver's side was badged and striped as a Dart Sport while the passenger's side was badged and striped as a Duster. Had Dart Sport taillights but a Duster grille. The left front fender was a Dart and the right front was a Duster. Even the dog dish hubcaps were Dodge on the left and Plymouth on the right. This car was on a Dodge dealer's lot with a window sticker calling for a Dart Sport. Hamtramck must have used whatever they had on hand to make it since it was near the end of the model year. Always wondered what happened to that car or if I was hallucinating. :drinkers::eek:ccasion:

One thing I'm sure we can all agree on is that the guy's wife is a real piece of work. I'd keep the cars and eBay her!

One thing I'm sure we can all agree on is that the guy's wife is a real piece of work. I'd keep the cars and eBay her!

I haven't laughed that hard in a while. I whole-heartedly agree!!!

Does anyone else notice anything funky about the pedals? The clutch pedal is on the floor, while the brake pedal is in the driver's shin. Being a newb to these cars, please tell me this isn't normal.

Billy

It's stated that the car was converted to auto but the pedal/floor hump for the 4 speed is still there. The pedal is probably secured in the fully-depressed position to keep it out of the way.

It's stated that the car was converted to auto but the pedal/floor hump for the 4 speed is still there. The pedal is probably secured in the fully-depressed position to keep it out of the way.

Cool, I missed the conversion part. (Brain cramp)

I'm doing a manual to auto too, but I'm switching pedals....much less "rigged" appearing that way!

Billy

-
Back