73 fold down seat molding

-

72dustervs

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone know a good source for this trim around the upper back of a fold down seat ?

Resized_20230517_203957.jpeg

Resized_20230517_203924.jpeg

Resized_20230517_203902.jpeg

Looks like good old pinch weld molding. Most restoration places will have it in most all factory colors too. What is the seat from? I have a Space Duster & it doesn't have this.
A Body Barracuda?

The seat is from either a 73 duster or dart , I am in process of installing in my 72 , got all braces in and test fit good , just getting prepared for interior work hopefully this summer

Now I will have to check if my current 73 Duster EVER had this. I had a nice original one almost 40 years ago I bought off an old woman, but I don't remember that car having it either. I wish I kept THAT car. It was a Dark Green, white interior car with buckets & a console with an automatic on the floor. I was only a slant six car, but man was it in awesome shape. I can't tell you why, but I really like Dusters & Dart Sports with the fold down seat option. Anyway, it looks just like pinch weld molding, the same as they use at the back of the door opening on a lot of Mopar's between the door jamb & the rear trim panels.

Now I will have to check if my current 73 Duster EVER had this. I had a nice original one almost 40 years ago I bought off an old woman, but I don't remember that car having it either. I wish I kept THAT car. It was a Dark Green, white interior car with buckets & a console with an automatic on the floor. I was only a slant six car, but man was it in awesome shape. I can't tell you why, but I really like Dusters & Dart Sports with the fold down seat option. Anyway, it looks just like pinch weld molding, the same as they use at the back of the door opening on a lot of Mopar's between the door jamb & the rear trim panels.
I had a 74 dart sport with the hang 10 and the Convertriple , loved that car , was totaled by someone I should have never given the keys ,,building my 72 to my options , just wish I could find all the sun roof options lol , no one will sell that

A sunroof on any Mopar is a pretty rare option. Good luck with the car.

-
Back