73 ply roadrunner leaning on one side.

-

dustdevil

Reaction score
hey guys i seem to be having an issue with balancing out my 73 roadrunner..it seems to be leaning on the driver side. i just had the rear leaf springs rearchd to clear some 15x10 rims with 295/50/15's. both rear shocks are coil over and are brand new. is it possible that the left rear shock is defected and causing it to lean?

Are the rear leaf spring shackles both in the correct position?

Pull both coil over shocks and see if it sits level. If it does, it's the shocks ansd not the springs. Check the shock mounts too and sure they're not bent or mangled.

shackles are in the right position, let me pull the shocks now. the guys at the spring place keep saying it has to do with an issue up front.

sound like the left front torsion bar may be soft ,try cranking up on the bar ajusting bolt....my have lower control arm prob....if rearched leaf springs to put larger tires on this will put more wieght on the front..... goodluck

i noticed on the torsion bar nuts that one side is longer then the other, usually they even. if i try to match up the bolts they're way off in balances. also i noticed that on the passenger side the front wheel is sunken a lil away from the fender and on the driver side the wheel is almost even with the fender. is it possible the front could have been hit and thrown everything out of wack?

If you just had the rear leaf springs re-arched, you should at least have the front end alignment checked.

Setting or adjusting the torsion bar height should be included in the alignment. :toothy10:

Changing the rear springs changes the weight on the front end.
If the left front torsion bar is slightly weak it will show up.
Readjust your bars and have it aligned.

i will mos def take to an alignment place, would i have readjust the torsion bar myself or should i have them do it?

ok i just got back from the alignment place and they said the front alignment was fine and is balanced evenly. they also said that they believe that the lean problem is coming from the driver-side leaf spring. i already had it rearched twice, second time it was done it did not rub, but today it rubbed hitting a couple of bumps. is it possible that the spring is dead meaning it is no longer holding its arch?

yea it is, i have a parts car on the side. dont know if i should pull the driver side leaf spring and start over with the arch.

-
Back