73 rotor torque specs

-

stupidasso

CA ANRCHY
Reaction score
Hey all,
Since I have the 72 manual, I wanted to ask someone with a 73. I have the 73 spindles and rotors. new bearings, wanted to torque down, but my manual says 70 inch pounds for a 72. Does anyone know what that is in ft. lbs? Also, was that the same number for 73?

Thanks

i've never used the torque spec. I've always backed off the pads so there no resistance on the rotor. and tightened it just barely so there was no front/back play in the rotor. never a problem..just my 2cents.

I kind of play it by ear as well.
I take some channel lock and tighten the nut to seat the rotor/bearings.Dont over torque it.Then back it off.Then snug it back up, just enough to get the cotter pin in.Then as Goody said check for play.

stupidasso said:
Hey all,
my manual says 70 inch pounds for a 72. Does anyone know what that is in ft. lbs?

To convert inch pounds to foot pounds, divide by 12. 70/12 = 5.8333

I've never used a torque wrench to set them either.

"I take some channel lock and tighten the nut to seat the rotor/bearings.Dont over torque it.Then back it off.Then snug it back up, just enough to get the cotter pin in.Then as Goody said check for play."

spin the rotor while doing this to seat the bearings.

You know, that's what I thought, but I then thought if it were this simple, why didn't they give the spec in ft. lbs? OK, thanks for the info guys! I'm making real progress. So far I've shot the engine bay with hemi orange, and the fender wells with under coating and then a coat of hemi on top of that.
all my suspension parts were blasted and painted black with all new moog parts around them. just finishing up the rest of the suspension, topped off with some mopar ".92?(383)" torsion bars.
Just got my 340 grind cam, lifters springs etc.. from Mancini, and I'm going to do that upgrade to my 360 this week and drop it in the car soon. My Mazzanoli 904 is dying to get in there as well.
I really appreciate all the help I've recieved from you guys over the past month.

- Stu

-
Back