73 Scamp in Oklahoma

-

car2back

Reaction score
Finally getting started on my project after letting it sit all winter! I have a 1973 Plymouth Scamp with the 225ci slant six and 4 wheel 10" drum brakes. I picked it up for $900 from a guy in Henryetta who had it on Craigslist last fall, he said he purchased from an elderly woman that bought it new. It starts and runs great, I even found a notebook in the glove book dating all the oil changes from 1973 to 1991! It's got some rust problems, but for what I've seen on other cars around these parts it's faired pretty well. the worst is in the floorpan, I'm going to have to cut it entirely out and replace it.

So far I'm in the process of swapping to front disc from my 76 Volare and rebuilding the front end, and just getting started today on some interior work. I'm planning to swap in a 408 stroker, 4 speed, and Ford 8.8in rear. It needs some body work and paint, I'm still debating on attempting it myself or just taking it to a shop and leaving it to a professional.

Photo0165.jpg

Photo0147.jpg

Photo0146.jpg

sounds like you got a pretty good deal, from the pics it looks like a great place to start! How are those disc brakes going on? I'm just wondering if you've had any problems with them because i want to put on a set off a volare (not sure what year) on my 74 scamp and just wanted to make sure it was going smoothly for you. Good luck on your project can't wait to see more!

The dash is in decent shape, as are all the panels. Front seat will need some upholstery work.

interior1.jpg

interior2.jpg

interior3.jpg

interior4.jpg

Pulled the seats and carpet, and found the cancer. I'm going to need the entire floorpan :mumum:

floorpan.jpg

pass_pan.jpg

driver_pan.jpg

sounds like you got a pretty good deal, from the pics it looks like a great place to start! How are those disc brakes going on? I'm just wondering if you've had any problems with them because i want to put on a set off a volare (not sure what year) on my 74 scamp and just wanted to make sure it was going smoothly for you. Good luck on your project can't wait to see more!

I haven't got them on yet (waiting for payday :D), but from what I've read our cars have the 73+ A-body control arms that accept the larger ball joints so the disc spindles will bolt right on with no problems. I'm going to use the Volare proportioning valve and a manual disc master cylinder. I'm wanting to keep the car somewhat of a sleeper, and am not happy with losing my SBP 14" wheels, but c'est la vie.

Looks like a nice project.... You keeping the hub caps ??? I would ....:cheers:

Looks like a nice project.... You keeping the hub caps ??? I would ....:cheers:

I'm hoping to! I've got a set of LBP 15" steel wheel, I'll either go with them or get me a set of rallies... I like the look of rally wheels with no beauty rings or center caps ;)

I haven't got them on yet (waiting for payday :D), but from what I've read our cars have the 73+ A-body control arms that accept the larger ball joints so the disc spindles will bolt right on with no problems. I'm going to use the Volare proportioning valve and a manual disc master cylinder. I'm wanting to keep the car somewhat of a sleeper, and am not happy with losing my SBP 14" wheels, but c'est la vie.

cool thanks man, again good luck with it!!

-
Back