73 scamp Rear End Swap

-

shin234

Reaction score
I have a 73 scamp 318 - 904. I found a 8.25 29 Spline rear end and wanted to know if it would be a straight swap to replace a 7.25 rear end? ive done alot of looking and cant seem to find a clear answer.

I have a 73 scamp 318 - 904. I found a 8.25 29 Spline rear end and wanted to know if it would be a straight swap to replace a 7.25 rear end? ive done alot of looking and cant seem to find a clear answer.

If you ask a clear question, it would help. Is the 8.25 an A body rear end? If so, then the clear answer is yes, it's a bolt in swap, although the drive shaft may need to be shortened, I am not sure.

You will also need larger U-bolts and lower shock brackets as the 8 1/4 uses the same U-bolts and shock brackets as the 8 3/4 due to the 3" axle tubes.

29 spline usually means later than about 96 or so from maybe a Jeep or a truck. Neither is a bolt-in. I'd look for a 73-76 A Body 8.25. It'll be a 27 spline which will be fine.

sent from my iPhone

No matter what, it takes different spring plates, u bolts and a shorter drive shaft. Sounds like you need to find an A-body rear end to start with.

-
Back