73 sway bar tabs.

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
I got a Addico sway bar for a 73-76 that Im going to install on my 73 scamp but mine never came with one so I am going to make some tabs to weld onto my LCA's.
What are the measurements of the stock tabs and arent they welded on at a slight angle, anyone have some pics?

The ADDCO 73-76 bar comes with the tabs for the lower control arms, at least mine did. I have some pictures but won't be able to post until latter tonight.

I got it off ebag for 61 bucks everything cept the tabs and the endlink bushings that I have from an old frontend rebuild.
I was just going to use some old scrap angle iorn thats at 90* and drill the hole for the end link and weld it on the lca's.

When I had the one on my '73 the tabs were bolted on and it was fine......

360scamp said:
I was just going to use some old scrap angle iorn thats at 90* and drill the hole for the end link and weld it on the lca's.

That's basically how I did mine. Just bolt everything in, bar, end links and tabs with the weight on the front suspension. Then line 'em up where they should go and weld away. Be careful to make the tabs big enough so the ends of the bar clear the LCA when the suspension moves up and down. I put mine in a little too tight and had to grind a small bit off the the bar ends.

heres a pic. im not sure of the year but im pretty sure its an early a. hope this helps

sway bar tabs1.jpg

sway bar tabs2.jpg

-
Back