73 Swinger Dana 60 fitment?

-

Boogeyman Racing

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I recently picked up a narrowed Dana 60 for the my swinger. I wanted to make it a small tire pro street/drag car. The housing itself is 28" and ends up being about 3ft overall with hubs etc. I have read some other posts saying a Dana 60 wont work with mopar because of the offset? So I frantically found a stock length 8.25 rear end for 100 bucks for back up. But I really want to make this dana 60 work since I got such a good deal on it and it literally will handle anything.
Dana 60, winters spool, 4.63 gears, strange 40 spline gun drilled axles. 4 link set up.

Use it.
Some people put the offset in it so that one axle is shorter than the other and some people don't. If you use equal length axles the pinion is still offset. I say go for it if you want one that narrow that is.

Use it.
Some people put the offset in it so that one axle is shorter than the other and some people don't. If you use equal length axles the pinion is still offset. I say go for it if you want one that narrow that is.
Okay and yes one part of the housing is longer then the other.

Got pictures?
Screenshot_20200304-141549_Instagram.jpg

You probably should move that one sides brackets so that they are equal length from the end of the axle tube of the other side.

Withstand anything, indeed! I've know of several pro class cars that have gotten by with less axle than that... It's just a thought, but being the drive train in most Chrysler cars is is offset to the right, the off set in the brackets looks like it might get close to centering the drive line up. But if you did that, you'd have to use different backspacing on the rear wheels if you wanted to center the rear tires in the wheel wells.

the slicks are 13 X 31 - 15 rim. the rear is 38" flange to flange. the backspacing is 6.5 but that needs to be changed do to adding wheelie bars. I will need to go to 6 or 5.5 backspace.

-
Back