73 Swinger Ford 9", GM 10 bolt?

-

Boogeyman Racing

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Happy Easter..
I have looked everywhere and to no luck have I found a mopar rear end other then the same one I have. 7.25.
I found a 57" wide ford 9" and nice gm 10 bolt out of a 67 nova. Should be around 60" wide. Would any of these 2 read ends work for my car?
73 swinger. 440, auto trans.

Skip the 10 bolt, it's only slightly stronger than what you have. :p Too wide anyway.

Not that it would be an easy find, a 9" from a '57-'59 Ranchero or Wagon is pretty much a drop in. 57 1/4 wide and the spring perches are 43" + or - just a little bit.

The rear end you are looking for depends on what you plan to do with the vehicle (street car, race car, or a combination of both). If you can't find an 8 3/4, the 57, 58 9" is almost a drop in. Stay miles away from the GM 10 bolt, uses c clips for axle retainers. You might also look into a Ford 8.8 with disc brakes. But as I said, it all depends on what you are going to do with the car.

The rear end you are looking for depends on what you plan to do with the vehicle (street car, race car, or a combination of both). If you can't find an 8 3/4, the 57, 58 9" is almost a drop in. Stay miles away from the GM 10 bolt, uses c clips for axle retainers. You might also look into a Ford 8.8 with disc brakes. But as I said, it all depends on what you are going to do with the car.
Okay thank you. I picked up a 8.25 rear end. With some aftermarket gears etc.. decided to build the car more street... should fit decent from what I've been seeing on forums. I'm going to get a smaller fuel tank, move the leaf springs in a bit and hollow the wheel wells. Kind of like a mini tub deal. I want to get a 275/60 under there.

-
Back