73 to 70 hood/grille conversion?

-

DQ81

'73 Dart
Reaction score
What do I have to do to a 73 Dart to get the hood and grille from a 70 Dart to fit on?

I'm willing to ditch hinges and just do four pins to hold it in place if that makes things easier.

Radiator support the same? will the bumper fit around the '73 quarter panels etc?

TIA
David

You will need the 70 hood, grille, both fenders and the bumper and bumper brackets to make the swap. All bolt on if you have all the parts.

oke, thanks crazy Dave, the fenders I might be able to get... Do I need the crossmember that support the hood now from the donor?

thanks,
David

70's have a front valince under the bumper so you will need that too. You can use the 73's hood suport.

cool thanks, the valance is the bit under the bumper correct?

I gotta give this guy a call tommorrow and see how much he's got. I don't think he has the fenders I'm afraid, but we'll see. Otherwise I got a lead on a good '73 hood as mine is junk.

We shall see...

Yes it is the panel right under the bumper.

Dart.jpg

What about putting a '74 Valiant Coupe hood and grille on? Hood, grille and bumper, do I need the quarter panels for that or are they the same?

Hey GTX, this thread should have it's own forum LOL. Everyone including me wants a 68-72 Dart =P~

-
Back