73 up disk brake caliper hose routing

-

DC Dart

Reaction score
Many years ago I did the 73 up disk brake swap on my 68 Dart. Had OEM sway bar up front put calipers to the rear. I moved the hose bracket on the frame to make the original 73 hoses work.
I now have a Hotchkis front sway bar moved the sway bar tabs inward on control arms. I believe I could put the calipers to the front now.
So my questions are where is the brake hose bracket on the 73 and later a body's? Is it in the same location as the pre 72. I am thinking the OEM style brake line routing would be best? Does any body reproduce the OEM brake line brackets? Speedway sells some that look similar to original. The other types are round holes? The brackets that I am talking about are welded to the frame rail? Not opposed to stainlessness braided line if that's works better with the aftermarket tabs but wanted the OEM style hard lines.
Kinda wanting to undo my cobble and wrap up the paint work on car. Appreciate any input.

Let me get my car on the lift and I can snap a pic for you. Here Ya go. L&R welded 73 Duster.

IMG_1738.JPG

IMG_1739.JPG

Last edited:
So it looks like the brake hose bracket is different in 73 and later but positioned in the same spot as the earlier bracket. So the hard lines would be the same.
So when calipers are forward on earlier cars the 73 and up hoses would be original routing.
When running the calipers to the rear 72 road runner hoses will work.
So I will put the brackets in the original location. So I would like to find OEM style brackets to weld on. Anybody aware any that are close? Most are round hole. Not sure factory hoses work with them.
Not sure what I was thinking when I moved the brackets. Different hose would have been much better. Ahh.
Thanks guys for the photos and clarification. Very much appreciated.

-
Back