74 440 Duster on Fort Carson, CO

-

360Duster75

Reaction score
Hey guys back again but with a better project. Picked up a 1974 Duster with a running 440 and 727 tranny. Got it for a heck of a deal also only gave $3300 for it. I got almost all the lights working minus turn signals and 4 way hazzards (had the hazards but they stopped again). Brand new bulbs all around. Another thing I did was fix the ride hight on the front back up from laying on the ground. Still wanna lower rear a little more though. Also need to get some rims for it and redo interior to black leather instead of white leather. But the best part is this thing is 96% rust free!!! Only found a few minor rust spots in the engine bay. I also want to get some new rims all the way around I'm thinking Torque Thrust ll in chrome.

Attachments

• 00N0N_kTD5ET89WWV_600x450.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 00L0L_73PYI0bLN9w_600x450.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 00S0S_40IdtG42E0X_600x450.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 01414_cDmSr9owq9U_600x450.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20150119_151601872.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20150119_144300965_HDR.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 66
I watched that car for a long time on CL. It started out at 10,000 bucks.I'm glad to see the guy came to his senses

I saw it too ....I don't know why I was thinking it was in Pueblo but when I saw the price it had a while back I didn't think it would ever sell. Glad someone on FABO got it

Yea I talked him from $6k to $4k then showed $3300 and he took it wasn't nothing wrong with fuel pump just had a hole in the line and ignition took 2 minutes for a new one haha. But needs a good tune up he didn't do a good job on the engine had the #8 plug wire on header and it melted it so doesnt run super well and didn't hook up the HEI distributer right either. But nothing to bad.Also found about $150 worth of brand new polyurethane bushing in the trunk.

I saw it too ....I don't know why I was thinking it was in Pueblo but when I saw the price it had a while back I didn't think it would ever sell. Glad someone on FABO got it
Oh it was in Pueblo I got it fixed it in his driveway and drove it off haha.

Oh it was in Pueblo I got it fixed it in his driveway and drove it off haha.

Lol that's the best right there. I can't count the times I've seen a grimace when I drove away in a car that had sat for years over something dumb lol
Was that an original slant 6 car? What rear end is in it

Lol that's the best right there. I can't count the times I've seen a grimace when I drove away in a car that had sat for years over something dumb lol
Was that an original slant 6 car? What rear end is in it

Yea was an original slant 6 but has an 8 3/4 I believe havnt looked at it yet been fixing the wires and all. How long ago has it been since you first saw it? I only saw it about 3 weeks ago.

-
Back