74 dart big bolt pattern front drums on a 67 cuda??

-

B5BEE

Reaction score
I have a set of 74 dart sport drum brakes from my dad's drag car with big bolt pattern. I'm wondering if they will work on my 67 cuda. I have the stock small bolt drums now. If they fit what will I need? Spindles? I tried a search but only saw disc conversions. Thanks.

There was never a bbp front drum used on an A-body from the factory. If you have one then the hubs have either been drilled, adapters or they are off some other car other than an A-body.

There was never a bbp front drum used on an A-body from the factory. If you have one then the hubs have either been drilled, adapters or they are off some other car other than an A-body.
Interesting, my dad's car has been a drag car for 20+ years, he bought it this way and we upgraded to aerospace discs last year.

Big bolt pattern drum brakes on an A body, most likeky means somebody swaped B body drum spindles, and the drums, and all the hardware, onto the A body car.

Longer studs were installed for drag racing but they are definitely big bolt pattern and came off a dart

Anybody?? I'm gonna take a side apart and see if it fits on my cuda spindles. Worth a try

Big bolt pattern drum brakes on an A body, most likeky means somebody swaped B body drum spindles, and the drums, and all the hardware, onto the A body car.

So to make these work I would need b body spindles and b body ball joints? But wouldn't have to change the upper control arm?

I have been working for 12 hours today and have to be in Kansas at 7:00 in the morning. I am too tired to even think tonight but the do look like early 60s part/casting numbers so they are likely B-body. The issue you are likely going to have is the lack of availability of brake drums.

I have been working for 12 hours today and have to be in Kansas at 7:00 in the morning. I am too tired to even think tonight but the do look like early 60s part/casting numbers so they are likely B-body. The issue you are likely going to have is the lack of availability of brake drums.

No sweat man. Get some rest and let me know when you can. I have the complete setup already.

except spindles and the upper control arm. assuming thats what i will need.

Upper control arms will need to be 1973 - 1976 A body. They has been a few 1973s found that had small ball joints. There is also ball joint adapters that will work with your existing upper control arms available from Doctor Diff.

I would think that you will need lower ball joints that match the spindles.

Since you have to buy spindles, I would do a disc brake swap off of something that is easy to get parts for instead.

Upper control arms will need to be 1973 - 1976 A body. They has been a few 1973s found that had small ball joints. There is also ball joint adapters that will work with your existing upper control arms available from Doctor Diff.

I would think that you will need lower ball joints that match the spindles.

Since you have to buy spindles, I would do a disc brake swap off of something that is easy to get parts for instead.

Thanks, I was just on doctordiff's website. Im debating on doing the disc swap just trying to keep a low budget, considering I have the drums available its hard to spend mo money on discs. I sourced out spindles from a b body for 25$. im sure I can find some cheap uppers on ebay.

-
Back